CARMICHAEL, CA - A fire forced one family out of their home Monday afternoon, Christmas Eve.
As firefighters worked to mop up the hotspots, the Rezaie family held on to one another for support.
"It was our first Christmas tree in 12 years," Shadi Rezaie said. "And we thought it was going to be a good Christmas."
The fire broke out around 1 p.m. in a home on the 6200 block of Sutter. Fortunately, Kaveh and his daughter Shadi were in the backyard.
"My daughter saw the smoke and I heard a pop," Kaveh explained. "And I ran to the front and the house was on fire."
The fire started in the front, but moved quickly through the attic. Almost everything was gone.
"Everything in the house, all of our presents," Kaveh said. "We had a lot of presents this year, too"
Ruth raced home as fast as she could.