Woman accused of killing off-duty deputy charged | Crime
YUBA COUNTY, Calif. - The woman accused of crashing while allegedly driving under the influence and killing an off-duty sheriff's deputy in November was arraigned in Yuba County on Friday.
Erin Marie Jasper was arrested on Nov. 8, after she crashed her 1999 Ford Mustang on Highway 20 near McGanney Lane, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Rory Roguski, an off-duty Sutter County sheriff's deputy, who was a passenger in the car, was killed in the wreck.
Jasper was injured in the wreck and transported to Sutter Roseville Hospital for treatment before being arrested on charges of felony DUI and vehicular manslaughter.
Jasper faces charges of vehicular manslaughter, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and causing injury, and driving with a blood alcohol content of 0.08 or greater and causing an injury, according to the CHP.
Upcoming Events near Roseville / Granite Bay / Rocklin / Loomis
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- How to brighten the day of a 5-year-old boy recovering from brain surgery
- 1st Annual Placer Memorial Run Motorcycle Ride Honors Officer Bill Bean, Jr., Sac PD
- Antelope high school student wins dream prom makeover
- Death penalty on table for driver in deadly Antelope chase, crash
- Twins accused of murder in Antelope crash deaths