'Make a Difference Day' Colusa County | Events
COLUSA COUNTY, CA - As a part of "Make A Difference Day 2012" on October 27, News10 is partnering with local libraries and The Friends of the Library to revamp, restock, renovate, or otherwise improve libraries in your area.
Each participating county has provided a wish list of items requested to help with their specific areas of need. Whether you donate books, building materials, money or personal time, all contributions are welcomed and greatly appreciated.
Following is a list of items that would greatly benefit libraries in Colusa County:
- Young Adult novels
- Children's Non-fiction books
- Adult fiction and non-fiction books
- Large print books
- Spanish-language books Comfortable furniture for our new teen area (currently has old office furniture)
- Signage and/or painted wall mural for teen area
- Desktop Computer with desk for teen area
- Desktop computer for children's area
- Color printer for public usage (it quit working recently)
- Audio Books (CD's)
- A digital camera that would belong to the library
- Board games for Family Game Night
- DVD/VCR combo player
- TV with a large screen (current TV screen is 13")
- Wii gaming system for Teen special events
- Cool prizes for contests we have with kids and teens something that costs more than $1.00)
- A thorough, professional (or volunteer) cleaning of the library (last done over 15 years ago)
To contribute, please bring items to the library at 738 Market Street, in Colusa on October 27, 2012. Please contact the Colusa County Library with questions at (530) 458-7671.
Thank you for your support.
To learn more about "Make A Difference Day" or to find a volunteer opportunity in your area, visit the national website.