Del Oro student's death inspires safe driving foundation | Events
Great Hang Up: Loomis: The parents of a Del Oro High School student killed in a car accident in Loomis started a foundation in her honor to give teen drivers experience behind the wheel they think may have saved her life.
Last month the foundation covered the $99 cost for 20 students from Placer County for a clinic in Granite Bay.
There is also a memorial area including a tree, bench and plaque for Stephanie and her fellow classmate killed in the 2002 wreck where Stephanie's car went off the roadway and both were killed.
Eileen says helping others makes her and her husband feel they are doing something and it also honors the memory of their only child.
Upcoming Events near Roseville / Granite Bay / Rocklin / Loomis
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- How to brighten the day of a 5-year-old boy recovering from brain surgery
- 1st Annual Placer Memorial Run Motorcycle Ride Honors Officer Bill Bean, Jr., Sac PD
- Antelope high school student wins dream prom makeover
- Death penalty on table for driver in deadly Antelope chase, crash
- Twins accused of murder in Antelope crash deaths