PHOTOS: Plane makes emergency landing on Highway 65 | News
ROSEVILLE, CA - A small, single-engine plane landed in the grass median of Highway 65 just after 10:30 Wednesday morning.
Officer Nico Bonfilio with the California Highway Patrol said no one was injured.
The Beechcraft Debonair first landed right side up in the left lane of the northbound direction of the highway. The pilot, John Mares, was able to steer it to the center divide.
Mares said a new engine had just been installed in the plane and he was taking the aircraft for a test flight from the Rio Linda Airport when the engine malfunctioned and he had to set the plane down.
CHP responders said it was amazing no one was hurt.
Mares and mechanics were able to repair the Beechcraft which the pilot flew off the highway at about 3:40 p.m.
An FAA representative was on site investigating.
Upcoming Events near Roseville / Granite Bay / Rocklin / Loomis
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- How to brighten the day of a 5-year-old boy recovering from brain surgery
- 1st Annual Placer Memorial Run Motorcycle Ride Honors Officer Bill Bean, Jr., Sac PD
- Antelope high school student wins dream prom makeover
- Death penalty on table for driver in deadly Antelope chase, crash
- Twins accused of murder in Antelope crash deaths