49ers legend to host viewing party in Rocklin | News
SACRAMENTO, CA - Four-time Super Bowl Champion Jesse Sapolu, who spent all 15 seasons of his illustrious NFL career with the San Francisco 49ers, hopes to bring his former team some luck by watching Sunday's NFC Championship at his old stomping grounds in nearby Rocklin.
The former resident of Rocklin will host a viewing party of the NFC Championship along with former Niners teammate Eric Wright at Strikes Unlimited in Rocklin on Sunday.
The Atlanta Falcons host the 49ers beginning at noon and the party will be held inside the Halftime Bar and Grill.
"I'm here to watch the game and entertain the Niner Empire," Sapolu told News10 after arriving from Los Angeles at the Sacramento International Airport. "These are great days to be a 49er fan again and it brings back old memories, and it's about time to go for our sixth (championship). "
Sapolu has always had a great connection to 49ers fans after anchoring the prolific offenses alongside Hall of Fame teammates like Joe Montana, Steve Young and Jerry Rice.
Last fall, he authored a book called I Left My Heart in San Francisco, which chronicles his great career and his connection to the only city he ever played for in the NFL.
Upcoming Events near Roseville / Granite Bay / Rocklin / Loomis
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Spotlight: Diversions Calendar: July 24, 2014
- Spotlight: Attend 'Princess 101' at Magic Theatre
- A Yuba City Army veteran is unable to transfer education benefits to his daughter because of what he calls a loophole in the G.I. Bill
- CDPH Warns Not to Use Certain Tattoo Products Due to Risk of Infection
- Spotlight: Acting company makes 'Trip to Bountiful'