Woman escapes 3 days of captivity in Linda | News
LINDA, CA - A woman who endured three days of being raped and threatened at gunpoint managed to escape from the man who held her captive Saturday morning.
Yuba County sheriff's investigators say the woman was taken hostage by a transient that was staying with her off and on for the last few weeks.
The woman, who was not identified, suffered from what were described as non-life-threatening injuries.
Sheriff's Lt. Damon Gil said the victim told investigators she was repeatedly raped, threatened at gunpoint and assaulted for three days.
A man identified as Tyrone Laurence Dyson was arrested in connection with the incident. He was placed in custody at the Yuba County Jail on charges of false imprisonment, rape, assault with a firearm, and inflicting corporal injury, among other charges.
Neighbors of the woman said they had no idea she was being held captive.
"All he'd had to say is, if you talk talk, scream, or what have you, I will shoot you. And when you hear something like that, it's terrifying," said neighbor Jessica Sandoval.
Gil said investigators were still working to determine exactly what occurred during those three days.
Gil did not say how the woman managed to escape.
Upcoming Events near Roseville / Granite Bay / Rocklin / Loomis
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Spotlight: Diversions Calendar: July 24, 2014
- Spotlight: Attend 'Princess 101' at Magic Theatre
- A Yuba City Army veteran is unable to transfer education benefits to his daughter because of what he calls a loophole in the G.I. Bill
- CDPH Warns Not to Use Certain Tattoo Products Due to Risk of Infection
- Spotlight: Acting company makes 'Trip to Bountiful'